I'm always ready - Aguero, who retired before the PSG clash sent a message to Guardiola

I'm always ready - Aguero, who retired before the PSG clash sent a message to Guardiola

 


Sergio Aguero reminded Pep Guardiola that he was "always ready" for action despite the end of Manchester City's career.

 

Knee and hamstring problems following meniscus surgery last June have hampered Aguero during his 10th and final season at Etihad Stadium.

 

However, the Argentine striker made some of his vintage best on Saturday, opening the scoring in City's 2-0 win at Crystal Palace with a half-baked net before Benjamin Mandy's cross before the net. Took a touch to overcome.

 

The result means that Guardiola's side are within two points of the Premier League title and their place as champions will be confirmed if Liverpool beat Manchester United on Sunday.

 

"Yeah, I'm glad I finally got to play," Aguero told BT Sport.

 

"He doesn't play 90 minutes all the time; the goal is good. Maybe we can win the Premier League tomorrow.

 

"Mandy always tries to get to me. [That] was the only one inside the box, I needed a touch or two - that's my show.

 

"I finally got the goal, I'm happy for it."

 

This was only Aguero's second Premier League goal of the campaign and the first from an open game.

 

It all started with Guardiola's decision to make eight changes, beating Paris Saint-Germain at midweek, as City drew 2-1 at Manchester on Tuesday.

 

Aguero, whose city has scored a total of 182 Premier League goals for Manchester United, is only ashamed of Wayne Rooney's 183-run singles club record. Can be a man for the occasion.

 

"I'm always ready. As I said before, I'm feeling good, my knee is great," he said.

 

"I just look forward to the opportunity to play like today. If I don't play on Tuesday, it doesn't matter - I want to be with my teammates.

 

"Every player wants to play, but we'll see."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post